Monday, October 19, 2009

I Was Wrong...

Remember several posts back I discussed how my "swaps system" was to just let the ideas swirl in my brain and then as the deadline nears execute those ideas? Remember how I even made a (looking back) somewhat arrogant comment about how this method worked just fine for me?
Well... "Oh, Ricky!" I was wrong....
Turns out that if within a 2 weeks time as swap deadlines near, the kids get H1N1, computer breaks down, printer messes up, family comes into town for a long weekend, and then YOU get sick with the dreaded plague...well, it turns out that my "swap system" actually does NOT work.
I have had to apologize to several swap hostesses for my delay in getting my promised items to them. Even have had to beg for forgiveness from a swap partner that her bag is delayed several days. How embarrassing to not be able to follow the directions that I agreed to when signing up for several of these swaps...
So, all I can do is get the items out in the mail as soon as possible, apologize profusely again, learn from my mistake and, obviously, create a new "swaps system"....Hum, maybe try to start on a swap when I sign up for it---what a novel concept!

7 comments:

Alisa Noble said...

Oh dear!!! Must be Murphy's Law happening here.

Wanda said...

It's okay and it happens. I thought having months to complete all those swaps was enough, too. I was wrong...life throws you curves that you can't predict. It's okay. Better to finish a swap late, than never to finish it. :)

dear jane said...

Oh my!!! So sorry to hear that the dreaded plague made it to your house...We had it here about a month ago...:(
Stephanie your are soo funny! I know how you feel when those Lucy moments happen! Feel better and everyone will understand about the swaps! :D

Cherie Wilson said...

My Lucy,Lucy friend you crack me up! XO Love, Lucy (#2)

lori vliegen said...

hi stephanie! i'm sorry that you've run into so many hurdles with your swaps.....don't you just hate it when life interferes with your best laid plans?!! hope everyone is feeling better..... :))

p.s. thanks for your sweet blog visit....and you're even sweeter than candy corn for picking up those tags in my shop!! thanks SO much....i'll be shipping first thing in the morning! :)))

Unknown said...

I sure can relate! I always get excited about a swap- then I find I have no uninterrupted time to create for it and one of my kids always needs me. Good luck catching up!

Sandy xox

Unknown said...

Bless your little heart Stephanie. It sounds like it all hit your house at one time. I do hope everyone's better. Love your Lucy!
Hugs...Tracy :)