I find no better way to spend a morning than with my Silver Bella Sisters...Lisa, Hope, and Cherie. We love to pop across the street from Lisa's store, LolaRue & Company, and have a "meeting of the minds" at the local Waffle House...
This morning was even better than usual (if that is EVEN possible) because Hope just returned from a trip to Poland. If you know her then you can just imagine the pretty pink packages that were presented to us...She brought us back these tiny, sweet crosses from her visit. They are made of SALT! Of course the child in each of us came out and we had to gingerly touch the tip of our tongues to the bottom just to verify that it was in fact made of salt...So thoughtful of her...
I had created a few little pretties and we all sauntered across the street to the store. Burlap is so hot these days and this was my first experiment with it. Just some vintage embellished burlap cylinder vases and a crystal heart-shaped candy dish tied up with vintage lace, ribbon, and a bit of tulle...
Lisa is great at encouraging each of us to bring items into the store. Her clientele is a mix of local ladies and college girls. LolaRue & Company does a great job of appealing to both these very different markets. A customer will find some edginess and on trend items but mixed in with beautiful locally made vintage treasures...The marriage of both these styles works well...
9 comments:
How absolutely lovely! The pieces you created are gorgeous - I really enjoy a blend of the earthy (texture, color) with the more "frilly". And the salt cross? I so would have stuck my tongue to it as well. :)
Quite funny - I haven't been to that Waffle House since I was in college oh-so-many years ago. Ah, but LolaRue? Just in there recently for a quick trip and longing to get back again soon!
What gorgeous pieces you made! How fun to catch up with your SB sisters! I think we met at SB in 2008, am I right? You look familiar and so does your name :)
Hi Stephanie, great to "see" you again :) and so glad you let me know we did meet at SB. How funny about the tee, I still wear mine too, and it's been washed a million times and still in really great shape!
thanks for the input on the dress. It's so hard to not hoard vintage stuff....
Hi Stephanie,
I'm so glad you joined in my OWOH Give Away. I hope you win!
xo Cathy
Now Steph...I would have NEVER thought to taste that cross! Leave it to you girls!!!!
I wish I was there with ya'll. BUT a Saint in Colt territory is NOT all that good right now!
Hope you still love me~
everything vintage
I love the salt cross, how beautiful! Plus all the crafted goodies are gorgeous also! I wanted to thank you SO much for my Valentine Swap!! I LOVED it all, especially the little box you made! I have featured your wonderful gift on my blog, so pop by! Thanks again so much! Yours should be to you any day i'm thinking! Suzie
Wow what a great and informative post. Lovely is all I can say. You are getting really good at these 5 picture posts. Jodie...you so would have licked the cross. I was in the salt mine and licked the wall. Ok...a really obscure place I didn't think anyone else had licked!! Stephanie & I would could be your body gaurds...so come on up! We still love the Saints.
Awww you fun girl! It was a fun day........and I really was smiling~ the picture looks like I am blah~ but not so! Maybe I needed more coffee. I treasured the time with you Steph~ all of us.....and Hope, I DO believe you licked the salt wall in Poland~ you wild thing, you!!! It must have felt radical~ I know licking my salt cross was crazy enough.....LOL.....oh the simple pleasures:) At least I am in good company, everyone at my house had to lick it too:) Steph, I bet your household did as well:) Have a fun snow day!! Loved your art at Lola Rue!!!! Love you!
THAT is a meeting I would want to come to:-) Your vases turned out beautifully!!!
Post a Comment