Wednesday, July 14, 2010

The Biltmore

As I said yesterday, I took a little “visit” to North Carolina…

Asheville to be precise.

So what is the first thing that one does when visiting this southern city?

Tour the Biltmore…

may & june 2010 016

may & june 2010 019

may & june 2010 023

The conservatory is simply phenomenal…

Can something be phenomenal and simple at the same time?

may & june 2010 024

may & june 2010 028

may & june 2010 029

may & june 2010 030

may & june 2010 031

may & june 2010 038

may & june 2010 036

I would have loved to take the Mad Hatter home with me…

But as explained to my dear friends, Jodie and Hope (who scoffed at my Tobacco Barn purchase!), there was a space issue darn it!!!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hi Stephanie. Don't you just love the Biltmore? I've only been once in the fall and everything inside and out is absolutely beautiful. I love the view off the balcony and the gardens. It's just to hard to believe that someone could have called that home.

Thanks for sharing you pics.
Hugs...Tracy :)

Hope said...

I LOVE the Biltmore! I want to go as an adult....I have only been as a child. Couldn't you just have spared comfort for a purchase?? That's all we are saying!!!!
XO~Hope

Cherie Wilson said...

I know you aren't afraid to strap a kid to the top of the car now are you Steph?? I mean really.
XO!

Kateyed said...

Stephanie,
That is just incredible! Simple and phenomenal...what a great concept for the beauty of those flowers and plants!

I want to go there,too!

Hugs,
suz