I was reading a dear friend’s latest blog post tonight and shared this quote from Judy Garland with her…
It’s a good thought for all of us…
“Be a first rate version of yourself, not a second rate version of someone else”
This time of the year, the discussion everywhere we turn centers on
resolutions…
goals…
changes…
I like the idea of picking just ONE word that I will strive for in my daily life during the next 11 1/2 months…
I am going to choose
Authenticity…
7 comments:
Good word. I chose gracious. Hope I can stick to it!
And you are a beautiful version of you. I love you as you, like no other!!! unique and unable to duplicate....perfectly perfect you. I miss you!! Love your post! Love you!
What a super inspiring word! Authenticity isn't only a word to live by, but it is a cool word period. Don't you agree? :)
We checked out "Easter Parade" from the library and it contained a DVD that included the "American Masters" special on Judy Garland. What really struck me listening again to her story was her willingness to keep trying, even through her insecurities. So...I especially appreciate your "word" today! (I chose "listen" this year...and I'm not doing a very good job remembering it! ;-))
That is an EXCELLENT word...I love it!
Steph,
You are authentic. That's why I just assured you the first time I met you.
Something very weird...today as I was writing my blog entry, I thought of you and who responded? Do you remember when you, Donna and I talked about being in a sorority at Second Chance at Silver Bella? (Jud just told me some people would gag at that...I know that!)
How weird is that?
Big hugs,
Suz
Beautiful! You, the word, just beautiful.
Post a Comment