This Banana Chocolate Muffin recipe is one I discovered while visiting blog land. I had emailed to ask for the recipe, which “she” so graciously did, but I did not write down on my copy the origin of the recipe.
What makes this treat so wonderful is that the recipe can be tweaked making it a much healthier alternative for my kids’ highly anticipated part of the day…
afterschool snack.
It’s a dense muffin, but the flavors of chocolate and banana make this a delight.
Ingredients
3 really ripe bananas, mashed
1/3 c. melted butter
3/4 c. sugar (but I tweak to only 1/2 c.)
1 egg, beaten
1 tsp. vanilla
1 tsp. baking soda
pinch of salt
1 1/2 c flour (I use half whole wheat and half white)
1/2 bag chocolate chips
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Mash the bananas and add the melted butter. Mix in sugar, egg, and vanilla. Sprinkle the baking soda, salt, and flour over the mix and stir. Add in chocolate chips. Pour into muffin tin and bake for about 20 minutes.
***Note: I think mixing in some peanut butter chips would add even more flavor to this muffin….
1 comment:
Look beautiful, will be trying these at weekend. From Engagement Rings Ireland
Post a Comment