Today my good friend, Julie Curry, and I spent the morning making rice packs to give as Christmas gifts. I have one that I bought from my massage therapist and I adore it. So easy to make. Here's a brief tutorial: ***We purchased soft flannel. The variety of patterns is amazing. So, you can really customize these. Check out the cute fairy princess ones!!!
***I like ones long enough to go around your neck. So we made them 22 inches long and 10 inches wide.
***Just stitch up the sides and leave one short end open so you can pour in your rice.
***We used two kinds of rice--Jasmine and wild rice. We found that making a funnel out of a paper plate worked really well because you need a large opening for the rice to flow through or it goes slow. We filled the bags about 1/2 full.
***Machine stitch up the remaining side.
***We used about 44 pounds of rice and made 15 packs.
***Attach a card that tells the recipent to microwave their rice bag for 3 minutes.
1 comment:
Hi Stephanie,
I love the rice packs! They are awesome and what a nice gift. I will have to try these, as I always need a warm thing for my neck.
On the truffles....just follow the directions. Literally. I have never made anything so easy, and they formed such nice little balls. It really needs to chill as long as the recipe calls for!!! Blessings for a wonderful, truffle filled day.
Love,
Hope
Post a Comment