A Snowy...Snow Emergency...Day
It's a super, snowy day here. After two days of snow, sleet, and freezing rain, we are officially under a snow emergency. Several of us had been making plans to go sledding this afternoon, when our friend, Julie, clued in and told us if we were caught out on the roads we'd get a ticket. So, as much as I love my children, the only sledding they will do is in our backyard. So far, they have only made it as far as playing around next to the driveway (that took their father 3 1/2 hours to shovel---snow plow has not even made it down our road yet)...
With all the "stuff" (daughter with strep throat for the 5th time since Thanksgiving and a beat up knee from gymnastics along with older brother with 3 cracked vertebrae from football/wrestling/weight lifting) going on in our house, I have not had the time or energy to be creative. However, I wanted to share a little something with anyone who might happen to read my blog.
This photo was taken in my hometown, a little place in southern Indiana almost on the Kentucky/Indiana border. I grew up in the greatest place for a little kid. It was the setting that you read about in books. Unfortunately, with the close of many of the area's coal mines in the early 80's, the town is just not the same anymore. Plus, times (i.e. society become more scary) have changed it too---
Feel free to copy this sweet picture of sisterhood and use it if you choose. Thanks for stopping by...
3 comments:
Oh my goodness this picture is the best!! A whole bunch of bellas!
Thanks for sharing it Stephanie.
Love you! Cherie
I love it!!! I will use it & treasure it!!
XO~Hope
I love it too! Girl you KNOW I love those vintage photos...I snatched it already! Thanks for sharing it with all of us!!!
Jodie
PS...I hope your kiddies recouperate okay, sounds like lots of doctor bills!
Post a Comment