Thursday, February 4, 2010

Not Julia Childs, But My People Didn't Know That...

You know those days when you just SCORE in your Mom Duties?
The ones where your people look at you with almost a glimmer of "Who is this lady?"
I had it tonight...In the kitchen of all places...
The secret to my success was Hot Hoagies for Dinner...That was all it took...Amazing!
So, here's the magical recipe that caused it all to happen:
Hot Hoagies From Taste of Home Magazine
***3/4 cup butter or margarine, softened (I just grabbed my tub of Country Crock)
***1 envelope Italian salad dressing mix
***6 hoagie buns
***1 pound of deli meat (I chose my family's favorite which is Kroger's Private Selection Peppered Turkey Breast very thinly sliced)
***6 slices of cheese (Again I deferred to the family's favorite Private Selection Baby Swiss from Kroger)
----And here's how easy they are to make.....Combine butter and salad dressing mix in a small bowl. Spread on insides of each hoagie bun. Layer two slices of deli meat, one slice cheese, and one more slice deli meat. Place on baking sheet and spread a bit more of the butter mixture over the tops. Broil on low for 2-3 minutes or until tops are lightly browned.

4 comments:

Robin Thomas said...

That does sound good. I'll send my family right over...

A Fanciful Life said...

Mmmmmmm.... making my mouth water! Congrats on a delicious meal for your family.
Sharon :-)

Hope said...

Wow...aren't you the just the little kitchen diva...way to go...we are going to definitely try this recipe.
XO~Hope

dear jane said...

Yum-O!
Might try this for Super Bowl party...:D