Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Petite Inspiration Box Swap….

Heather at Speckled Egg hosted a Valentine’s themed Petite Inspiration Box Swap….Each participant was paired with three partners….

2009_052623november0009

This is the box that I created using an old vintage Valentine that my dad had saved from childhood. He passed away 12 years ago so when my mom gave me a box full of these little treasures, it was as if he had known that one day I would find these sweet past rememberances priceless…

2009_052623november0002

This box was created by Joanna, Sweet Finds, who I met several years ago at the first Silver Bella I attended. I absolutely love how she made the focal point of her box that adorable silhouette!

2009_052623november0005

Goodies tucked inside….

2009_052623november0006

Jenny Fowler,Fated Follies, sent this box accented with a pretty heart and fun butterfly…I haven’t met Jenny, but through her emails and the visits I’ve made to her blog, I can tell that she’s a lady that would be fun to be around…Maybe Silver Bella next year, Jenny???

2009_052623november0007

Goodies tucked inside from Jenny….

2009_052623november0010

Lonnie Jenck, My Farmgirl Life and another fellow Bella, was part of our group. It was great this past year to spend quite a bit of time with Lonnie at Silver Bella. Such a sweet girl! And, what a pretty box!!

2009_052623november0011

Love the crystal salt shaker that the pretty pink glitter was in…As well as all the other surprises…

Was I in a great swap group or what? Thank you Joanna, Jenny, and Lonnie----and, of course, Heather who coordinated the entire effort!

6 comments:

Cherie Wilson said...

Your swapping and creating are truely inspiring me Steph! I de-piled some tables today in the neglected art room so that I can join you in the fun! I think of you often in there:) i'll post some of the fun in a few days. Your blog is just great! Lola Rue too:) A customer commented about Lola Rue's blog when I was in the store the other day. Two thumbs up! Love ya!

Jennifer said...

Hey Stephanie - yeah it was fun. I'm bummed I didn't get to put more effort into it - but we were so sick and I was planning a friends baby shower long distance!! Life was crazy. IS crazy, I take that back. :) I was at Silver Bella 2008 but had a baby last year so we'll see about this year. Saving up can be a problem. :)

Hope said...

Wow these boxes are wondeful. I just love Joanna's. This swap is so fun...I am joining her next one too. I love the pink glitter!
XO~Hope
P.S. Happy Snow Day!
P.S.S. Water marks are pretty...love the addition!

Gwen said...

thanks for visiting my blog :o) that was a very nice surprise for me this evening. The little valentine boxes are so special---to give and to receive, I suspect! Thanks again.

Tracey Holdyk said...

Yes the swap you were in was amazing and thanks for sharing. Thanks also for visiting my blog (heart sessions) and leaving a lovely comment. I have enjoyed reading your blog.

kluless said...

Hello! I saw you visited my blog and wanted to say thanks for stopping by. Your photos are stunning - definately something I need to work on. How fun that Rebecca Sower's call for "heart sessions" is leading us to great blogs like yours that we might otherwise not discover!
Kathy
http://katherineuhrig.blogspot.com/