Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Lavender, Lunch, & Laughter….

hope's house april 27, 2010 006

Today’s project at Hope’s farmhouse was to make lavender sachets, which was featured in the May issue of Country Living magazine. 

Hope was so generous to share all the necessary supplies with me…including her vintage hankie collection…

hope's house april 27, 2010 004

We found the sachets to not be as easy as we had originally thought, but after much laughter and self-deriding comments about our hand-stitching ability, we each produced 3 sweet sachets. 

hope's house april 27, 2010 007

Of course we had to stop for a lunch of mini pork tenderloin sandwiches and a mixed salad with pears and candied almonds…As I told you yesterday, I LOVE eating lunch at Hope’s…It’s always a treat…

hope's house april 27, 2010 028

The first batch of sachets….

hope's house april 27, 2010 030

Hope refined our stitching technique on this second attempt of sachets, which I think greatly helped our finished product….She’s so good at that…

hope's house april 27, 2010 016

Her workroom is such a treat to visit…Here’s a sneak peak.  I took some additional photos, but want to let Hope share them with you on her blog, Thoughts of Whimsy.

4 comments:

Hope said...

I feel like a movie star...or maybe a blog star which I like even better! You captured our day so delightfully...and I so enjoyed our time together as always. Thanks for highlighting everything so wonderfully, and ladies her photos do much justice to our sachets!
XO~Hope

Miss Janice said...

Those sachets are darling. I am on a lavendar kick! Body lotion, soap, dryer sheets, room freshener...you name it, I love it! Sounds like you an Hope had such a fun day!

Cherie Wilson said...

Oh golly this looks sweet! So glad you girls had fun:) I have been in Hope's work space and I agree, it is incredible. Needs to be in Where Women create! I'll be hopping over to see what Hope has to show us........... Thanks for sharing Steph. Your photography is really, really good! Breakfast next week?! XO

Lisa said...

What a beautiful time! I love those sachets, but even more so the process you went through with them.