Tuesday, May 25, 2010

Change=Discomfort

This thought from Karen Scalf Linamen’s book Only Nuns Change Habits Overnight resonates with me…

CLX0707IDEA03-de

“And yet when we rise above our discomfort and do something differently than we’ve done before—and do the same new thing tomorrow…

and the next day…

and the next—

we start enjoying results…

As long as we insist on comfort,

we forfeit change.

This is because, by its very nature, change involves discomfort.

In fact, it thrives on it.”

2 comments:

Kateyed said...

Stephanie,
I need to join you on this eating/exercise plan. I am at the Mayo Clinic with my brother (he is in remission from esophageal cancer-thank God!) and treating myself with sweets and carbs which I do all the time. Up ten pounds since Silver Bella. Ugh...I must do something.

You are a good influence. It will be so hard for me because I am not that active but i must start soon!

I love the name of that book! I always wanted to be a nun when I was little. Unfortunately I wasn't Catholic. Drove my parents nuts!!!

Hugs,
Suz

Cherie Wilson said...

Oh thankyou! Feeling those growing pains myself. Pains of Change but as we move from one place to the next best place, it is our purpose and journey! Change is growth.
Sometimes my shoots grow up toward the sun, sometimes my roots reach down a little deeper! All we need is the SONshine. You have that my friend and you are doing fine:)