Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Tobacco Barn Antiques…Asheville, North Carolina

While Meg was doing this at FlipFest in Crossville, Tennessee…

may & june 2010 087

My mom, Jed, and I gallivanted around the South….

Check out the photos from Tobacco Barn Antiques in Asheville, North Carolina…

I have never been to an antique/salvage store that was this cool…

(Actually it was sweltering hot)

may & june 2010 045 

may & june 2010 042 

may & june 2010 047

What an authentic vintage piece….Even the candy still in the vending machine was old!!!

may & june 2010 048

Yes, one of these fabulous bowling pins had to leave with me…

may & june 2010 049

And this strange little puppet left with Jed…

What can I say…He fell in love with it’s weirdness, I guess..

may & june 2010 050

An old seed bin from the 1800’s…

4 comments:

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

You got a bowling pin, Jed got a (creepy) puppet...And you did NOT get that seed box for ME???
I thought you were my friend Steph!!!! hahaha

How fun to go junking like that while Meg was at "flip fest"

I really giggled when I read that. Is that what it's really called??? haha

Hope said...

I was thinking the same thing Jodie....actually that she bought the wrong stuff....hello????? OK....I am so shopping with you next year Steph!!!

Unknown said...

Okay you two!!! There were space issues.....I had driven my SRX and not Mark's huge gas guzzling Sequoia....AND----my little 7 dollar bowling pin that may or may not be vintage looks cute on my porch....So, there (I'm sticking my tongue out at you both right now)

Yes, FlipFest is a bit corny for a gymnastics camp name isn't it? And, the kicker is that I paid a small fortune for her to do cartwheels in a metal pole barn in the middle of nowhere!!

Kateyed said...

OK, now I have your boy's cute faces down...I need to see Meg's face again. I know you have had her here before. I will have to look back!