Just randomly discovered this author during my last visit to the public library…
She is in her early 30’s and the wife of, as an internet search filled me in, the Hoover vacuum heir, and has quite an interesting biography, but I’ll leave that for you to discover if you so choose…
The point is that her two books are quite a hoot to read…
I found it enjoyable to take a few hours and vicariously live the “exciting” life of Manhattan socialites from the comfort of my Midwestern home…
Where, after reading the exploits and belief systems of these characters, I am very grateful that I choose to live…
Good, pointless reading material that yields a funny little escape from how we, “the real people” live…
4 comments:
Looks like a fun read. Merry Christmas to you friend! Enjoy your time with family and many blessing your way.
You should read the book "The Glass Castle" it is a great, quick read and it will make you feel SO grateful for the life we have....Not sad, just good quick read that "might" make you think. If you read it, inbox me because I have a very funny story for you!!!
Am looking for some shallow books! Thanks, Steph!
Hugs,
Suz
Post a Comment