Thursday, February 17, 2011

Birds Will Soon Be Singing a Sweet Song..

When I first began reading blogs, Karla’s Cottage was one of the first ones I discovered.  And, when our paths crossed at the first Silver Bella I attended, I think I scared her a bit when I exclaimed that I was more excited to meet her than Angelina Jolie!  To me, she was a celebrity and the best kind of celebrity at that…

183943_10150099947839477_512669476_6088900_8347185_n

So over the past three years, I have continued to enjoy Karla’s blog and have participated in several of her tag swaps.  Upon learning from her during our time together in Betz White’s Felted Rosette class at last November’s Silver Bella that she was contemplating hosting an art retreat, I immediately said, “Count me in!!”

Guess I don’t need to tell you how excited I am to be a guest in Karla’s home and get a glimpse into her studio.  Hopefully, I’ll be able to play it a bit “cooler” this time and not be a totally goofy fan during the two day event…

10 comments:

Suz said...

Oh, how I wish I could go...especially now that know you are coming. Just to up in the air here

Have a wonderful time!!!!

xo,
Suz

Sheila Rumney said...

I too wish I could be there! I know you will have a great time!

Lisa said...

Stephanie,
I can't wait to meet you there! I think I'll become intoxicated from the vast amounts of flower hats & glitter! Lisa

Cherie Wilson said...

So excited for you!! Wish I was a tagalong it sounds just marvelous! Can't wait to see your beautiful creations, Steph! xo

Cathy said...

I hope you have the best time ever. Karla is one amazingly creative lady. and her home is beautiufl.

Have fun.

Cathy

HI! I'm Tabitha said...

I hope u stop by and see me on the way to karlas house. I did the same thing to karla when i met her. I think she was wondering "who is this nut"
hugs

Heather said...

P-u-leeeze take notes for me!!! I would love to be there with you and everyone else of course...lol!!! Have fun!!!!

Kim Hanauer said...

Hi Stephanie,
Thanks so much for visiting my blog. Oh how I was going to try to go to Karla`s workshop! I know you will have a blast.
Have a Blessed Saturday~
Kim

kana said...

Karla rocks and YES we will have a great wkend with her!! Looking forward to being with you and Hope!

LolaRue and Company said...

Really wish I was going! :( You girls will have a ball!
Loves and hugs....Lisa