Friday, February 24, 2012

A Happy Break in a Week Full of Sickness…

I absolutely promise, Hope, that I really thought my hacking cough on Tuesday when we spent all afternoon together at your home was just a result of a scratchy throat…

Only when the 102 degree fever began a day later did I realize that I had just played the Gwyneth Paltrow role from the movie, Contagion… grey felted bracelet 1While I unknowingly contamined her home, Hope and I played around with her plethora of vintage goodies and collaborated on these felted wool and velvet cuffs…lunch with stephanie february 2012Oh, and lunch…

Hope makes this sandwich that is to die for…(I thought that little pun fits in nicely with the tone of this tale)…

And, the soup…

Roasted Sweet Poblamo & Sweet Potato Soup

Go to her blog and get the recipe because it was fabulous…

(All photos courtesy of Hope)

3 comments:

Hope said...

Glad you are on the mend....and I guess all the sickness I have had this winter has built up my immunities....or maybe it is the sweet potatoes???? I hear they are healthy!!
XOXO~Hope

Sheila Rumney said...

Glad you had a great time together. Hope you are feeling better!

Cherie Wilson said...

Steph! Have had you on my mind! It does my heart good to see the fun you girls have had. Alas, I am a lone painter for the most part, but soaring beautifully over here. Hope our worlds collide soon. My schedule is opening a bit now that I have Mike's mom in a good place. Sending a hug, and as always love!!!