If you have been reading along, you know that today is the third day of the new school year…
New schedule is kicking my rear…
So, low key day at home but spent quite a bit of time in the kitchen bulk cooking chicken for this evening’s pasta meal, tomorrow night’s casserole, and a few bags to put in the freezer. Also made 2 batches of brownies to take to Oldest Son’s fraternity house tomorrow along with a new yummy dessert that I will tell you about tomorrow…
Do want to share tonight’s dinner recipe with you…
But first this disclaimer…
I purchased a new camera and have been playing around with it. So, I used the macro mode tonight for the photo below and I think it makes the food look pretty slimy and a bit gross when actually it was easy to prepare and tasted fabulous…
Asparagus Pesto Pasta
adapted from April/May issue of Taste of Home magazine
In skillet, sauté 1 pound of sliced chicken breasts in olive oil. Once thoroughly cooked through, remove chicken to a bowl and set aside. In same skillet, sauté asparagus until tender. Stir in 1 cup whipping cream and 1/2 cup prepared pesto sauce. Add back in chicken and simmer for 5 minutes. Serve over cooked penne pasta with a green salad.
3 comments:
that looks yummy
it looks oh so yummy!
You are way ahead of me, girl. Husband is traveling again this week and I have no ideas for what to cook for my son and I...
Post a Comment