I am just loving crowns right now. Not just because they are, in a sense, part of the Silver Bella logo, but I take comfort in mental images of beautiful bejeweled crowns nestled in the hair of ladies of olden times and, of course, the crown of thorns that sat atop Jesus' head at the Crucification when he died for my sins...Amazing.
Hope told me a tale of a Canadian canning jar that she discovered at a local estate sale not too long ago. She was excited because these vintage jars had the word "crown" and a picture of a crown on them. How cool. She even later discovered another one at our favorite store, Opportunity House. So, when I was on ebay last week and ventured across the pair of these jars, I just knew I had to have them. When they arrived in the mail today, I was thrilled. Of course, I have no idea what I'll do with them, but Happy Day...I own them!!!
2 comments:
Sisters in the crown, Stephanie!
Gotta wear the crown every day, girl! Crowns for Jesus:)
XO Cherie
I love the canning jars. I am on a quest for them. I found a neat booth on my way to Athens, OH and all they sold were canning jars. Yours are 11/2 quart jars, and the Canadian 11/2 quart jars are larger than ours. I think that is interesting. We need to do a road trip to Athens....great large 950 booth antique malls and great flea markets along the way!
Post a Comment