Thursday, February 12, 2009

Crafty, Creative Preschoolers...

What a fun preschool morning...Our Valentine's Day party was a huge success. The snack of heart shaped cookies, grapes, apples, and caramel dip was a hit. The parents will love the gift their children made and all our crafting centers kept us all busy...Here's a peek at a couple of today's highlights:
Cans covered in white paper with a cheery pink heart. Tucked inside are three hearts that each have a child's thumbprint. The heart on the can says "Thumb body loves you".... We asked a local grocery store for some paper bags. Give the children a little paint and some foamy hearts and you have adorable "mailboxes" for Valentine's Day cards...

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hey Stephanie,

Just wanted to pop in & say Hi! The parent valentine's are cute. :) Happy Valentine's Day (a little early) LOL xoxo, Joanna

kana said...

Stephanie,
Thanks for my beautiful Puppy Love tag! I really like it.

Anonymous said...

I just think you are truly one of the sweetest pre-school teacher's around. I know you put a lot of thought into your 'lesson's'.
XO~Hope

Sheila Rumney said...

The pupply love that you created is so adorable. More meaningful that you dad had it... Thanks for sharing this treasure and the story behind it.

charmaine said...

i love those bags! they are so adorable! Happy Valentine's Day! thank you for your nice comment.

God Bless,
Charmaine

Amanda@Imperfectly Beautiful said...

I just wanted to stop by and say hello and thanks for your comment on my blog. Your pre-school crafts are so cute. What a fun teacher you must be!

Nice to meet you ~ Amanda

~Melissa Merrill~ said...

Oh how fun! Sounds like the kids had a great time making their valentine creations. My niece and nephew enjoy coming to my house as I am the crafty Aunt and I always love doing crafts with them. As they get older the arts become less and less in their school. Which is a sad thing.
Cheers
Melissa
P.s. thanks for stopping by my blog. It's great to hear from my readers.

Cherie Wilson said...

Steph!! You bless me so! Still, I really wish you were MY Preschool teacher........XO Cherie