I love Valentine's Day! And why wouldn't I since it involves chocolate and flowers...two of my favorite things...For my preschool class I decided to make each child a Valentine Card...After Christmas, I picked up three boxes of Cinnamon flavored candy canes for 19 cents each. I embellished each with some finds from my craft room--tags stamped with the word "Love" and some vintage red string and creamy white lace...
I left the cello on in case the kids want a tasty treat. So easy to adhere the candy canes with a little glue on some bright red construction paper...
I love how they turned out. Who could imagine they only cost pennies to create...
Here's the whole lot of them all ready to be distributed tomorrow to my favorite little 3 & 4 year olds during the classroom Valentine's Day party. It'll be a fun morning with all the special crafts we have planned. The most entertaining will be when the kids are given a spray bottle full of white paint and they get to use it to decorate large white hearts.
I left the cello on in case the kids want a tasty treat. So easy to adhere the candy canes with a little glue on some bright red construction paper...
I love how they turned out. Who could imagine they only cost pennies to create...
Here's the whole lot of them all ready to be distributed tomorrow to my favorite little 3 & 4 year olds during the classroom Valentine's Day party. It'll be a fun morning with all the special crafts we have planned. The most entertaining will be when the kids are given a spray bottle full of white paint and they get to use it to decorate large white hearts.
2 comments:
How cute and how creative! I'd have never thought to put candy canes together in a heart shape like that! I have never seen that before! I have to add this to my Inspiration List!
Have fun with the kiddies tomorrow!
Happy Valentine's Day to you!!!
Jodie
everything vintage
Last year I made some Valentine's with chennille sprakley candy canes that I had made at Christmas. I joined them together to form a glittered heart. I love the end result of your sweet Valentine's. The pre-schoolers will love them...glad they don't have to eat glue (hahaha).
XO~Hope
Post a Comment