My oldest son is taking a second year food and nutrition course at his high school. What a great course in that he is ACTUALLY gaining useful skills and information that can be applied to his future interests and daily living. I wish high school students had more opportunities to take these type of elective courses as opposed to some of the ones they simply have to fill their schedule with to qualify for college admission. And, the kicker is I write this with a background as one of the directors of a certain Big 10 university's undergraduate admissions program...
Okay, enough spouting off my opinions....Anyway, the food and nutrition course has a section on cake decorating. The students select a cake mold, bake the cake, and then decorate it. Now to me THIS is a life skill to be learned.
I know that my son has great determination, but he certainly surprised me with his cake decorating ability...He received a 97% for his efforts...Way to go, Sam...
(And thank you to my sweet daughter for the use of her photos!)
6 comments:
That's quite impressive...it isn't easy decorating cakes. He did a great job.
Awwww Stephanie...he looks so proud of his cake!!! He did a GREAT job as it looks like a mirror image of Mickey!!!
Do we get a piece of it????
;)
everything vintage
Your welcome mom!
Ohmygosh! That is so cool. I wish I had classes like that in high school. My cooking/sewing/etc classes were done by eighth grade.
What a great job you had!
Hi Mom! It was yummy!
That is a good life lesson! :) I wish my husband could make cakes!
Post a Comment