I’ve been thinking a lot lately about why I blog and what I blog about.
I know why I read other people’s blogs---
to be inspired…
to get a glimpse of how they spend their day…
to build relationships with those women whose words speak to me and who blog authentically.
Who don’t blog to impress, but share from their heart—
whether it was the mundane chores they tackled that day, a particularly good recipe they discovered, an excellent money-saving tip, or just simply what they did that day…
I have the mindset right now that I should only blog about things I have created. Which is fine and dandy, but I don’t create something that much…Life gets in the way…
So, I’m taking the self-imposed pressure off myself and blogging about what I know…
My life…
Not just the (non-existence) creative part, but how I live…
What I discover…
What I do…
I’m gonna blog for me and hopefully along the way will entertain, inform, and even maybe motivate others…
All the while remembering authenticity comes first…
7 comments:
I think that is a good choice as most of us do not go through our days just creating lovely things. Life gets in the way. I love my followers for just what they are a wonderful group of friends who want to read about my little life.
A LOT of my days are filled with boring errands and housekeeping. I try to tie that into what I blog about...what I wore, where I went, et cetera. I certainly cannot be inspiring all the time. Great post!
Yes. Yes to this. Yes to you. Say yes.
Oh, I just saw Robin's post. That says it. Yes, I would love to read more about who you are and what your life is like. I, too, find that life gets in the way of creating...and sometimes health issues get in the way. That's the way it is. I keep remembering that I want to thank you for the incredibly validating comment you wrote on my blog when I got the heart from Elizabeth and wrote about my twins. It really touched me very deeply. I swear I have gone back and read that comment five or six times. For that I send you a great big, thankful (((hug))).
Suz
GOOD GIRL!
I think you've described it perfectly. Yes, there are a lot of blogs out there that are . . . not so personal any more. Me? I blog about WHATEVER! A good day - the weather - some bird outside my window - being a Mom - camping - classes I am taking - other inspiring women I have met.
You did good with this. I think it's perfect!
HAGD! And welcome to the Sorority! YAY!
Karen ~ Some days are diamonds
That is the best choice as Life gets in everyone's way and it is inspiring to see others share the Life... the good and the bad.
Have a wonderful week!
Well girl...
I, being your number one fan of all things Stephanie, LOVE all of who you are and LOVE hearing all about you too!!!!
:)
Blog for yourself so it comes from the heart...YES!!!!
:))))
Post a Comment