I am probably one of the biggest reading geeks you will meet…
I LOVE TO READ…
I love it more than going to movies, shopping at the mall, or attending social events…
I love it more than creating (gasp!!)…
I love it more than Mexican food…
I simply love the feel of that book in my hands (I am so NOT a Kindle girl) and running away to another place—the best kind of cardio (mind running not actual running that is…)
So when I received an email from the library yesterday morning that some books I had requested were on hold for me, I put down my book (because, of course, I was reading!), washed my face, and got dressed for a little trip downtown…
Even taking the time to remember my efforts to accessorize and attempt to look put together before I go out and face the public… Now with all that said…
I must admit that I do have a greater love than reading though…
Chocolate!
And, what really rocks is that chocolate and reading are perfectly made for each other…
Yes…
A match that I believe was in fact made in Heaven…
9 comments:
Oh, my yes! I am a reader through and through. Last year, Jud had friends give me a book for my sixtieth birthday (which was at Silver Bella) and I came home to sixty books! What a wonderful gift that was! I just adore reading...and I love chocolate a WHOLE lot!
You look very put together, Steph. I am impressed!
Hugs,
Suz
I have 3 waiting for me now! I cannot wait to go tomorrow! The Library rocks!
Hugs, Lisa
Hi Stephanie, Thanks so much for visiting my blog & for following! I am honored. We read "The Help" also & loved it. Great characters! You're right--what's better than reading AND chocolate??
Warmly, Michelle
I do love to read as well, but it's something I rarely do. When I read, I SIMPLY CANNOT DO ANYTHING ELSE until the book is finished.
I work in a used book store and! We share our space with a candy store. I also am a book junkie I love the feel and weight of a book. Just finished sizzling sixteen janet evanovich. pretty cute.
Cathy
I do need to find more time to read. Looks like a good stack!
I meandered over to your little spot linking from Cherie's at Humble Pie Designs. I'm so with you on loving to read and not being tempted by The Kindle at all. I love to scribble notes in the margins, circle neat quotes, etc. as I read. Much as I love chocolate, my pages often have orange {Cheetos} fingerprints on some of the pages!
Really enjoyed peeking through your blog!
OK, Steph,
We need another"daily life" here. Now I am sorry that I am in Prague and my daily life consists of drinking melted chocolate they call hot chocolate and takes like pure bliss (I am really not very sorry about that) but I will see if I find who makes it and maybe I can bring it to Silver Bella.
But still, a good book, please!
Hugs,
Suz
I had once last drink of hot (melted) chocolate and we are off in the morning for Rijeka. I hear it is raining there but I would rather be traveling than being in the rain in Saint Paul. What a good life!
Big hugs,
Suz
P.S. We could be in the Twin Cities for Creative Connection right now. I cannot believe that we have the only big art retreat everand I am gone!
Post a Comment