Friday, September 17, 2010

Marriage, A Good Outfit, and a Sweet Package…

I just started a bible study on marriage.  Been married 21 years, but with the three kids, the two dogs, and the STUFF that life throws at us on a daily basis we’ve got our hands so full that focusing on keeping our marriage fresh is about number forty-five on the to-do-list. 

So many times I find myself behaving as my husband’s mother, not his wife. 

It’s just so easy to treat him like one of the kids. 

Not my partner in life…

Not good…

So, when I looked at this book, I knew that the time spent on the study would be a worthwhile investment.

september 17,2010 003

So this morning, I donned an outfit that I felt was appropriate for heading off to a bible study on marriage.

Fun, a little bit whimsical, and comfy.

september 17,2010 004

My friend, Suz, sent me this beautiful piece of jewelry. 

Absolutely love it!

september 17,2010 005

Finally, had a chance after the study and a quick trip to the library, which is seeming to be a Friday tradition, I was able to take a closer look at the sweet package that Cherie dropped off yesterday. 

I won her most recent giveaway on her blog, Humble Pie Designs.

september 17,2010 007

She just finished teaching an art journaling class for a girl’s retreat at a local church.  The retreat focused around this book, One Girl Can Change the World, which was co-written by a local woman. 

In addition, Hope had donated some soldered pieces for the event and Cherie ended up with an extra one that she included in the giveaway package.

september 17,2010 009

And, how wonderful is this crown handcrafted by Cherie out of corrugated cardboard?

The woman is simply amazing…

And, Somerset Magazine has figured that out too.

One of Cherie’s creations is featured in the latest Holiday and Celebrations issue of Somerset…

Congratulations, dear friend…

6 comments:

Hope said...

What a sweet post....you did look so cute and comfy in your adorable outfit!

At least Mark isn't 46th on the list???

Sometime after bible study....I would love to tool on down to the library with you...I am library challenged!!!!

XO~Hope

Cherie Wilson said...

I'm with Hope, love the outfit, and YOU in it! You are killing me with your heartfelt kind words my friend. Love you too, amazing girl! As for the Mommy thing.....have you never seen the video from Trace Adkins (I think it is) "One Hot Mama?" Oh yeah:)

Kateyed said...

Steph, You look darling. That is a fun outfit. I am noticing how much better people dress in Croatia than in the US. I think I need to work on that a bit.

I just about passed out when I saw the cross!

I thought a lot about what Hope said about the Bible telling us about "respecting" our husbands first of all. It didn't initially make sense to me but I think it is what I think my husband wants most of all. I am afraid I am not always that respectful.

As for Cherie, what a talented women. Congratulations on winning her giveaway!

Hugs,
Suz

Jacci said...

thanks so much for your honesty - it can be tough to put stuff like that out there, but maybe you're bringing some thoughts to the minds of others who need to consider the same things, you know? good :)

now, you're going to give hubby some big ol' not-like-your-mothe kiss, right? ;)

~jacci

Abby said...

What an amazing necklace! Very unique!

Angela Harris said...

I just love that handcrafted crown :) And what a great outfit!
~Angela Harris