Thursday, February 10, 2011

Comfort Food….

february 10, 2011 004Tried a new recipe today…Loved these muffins as they had a scone consistency…Here’s the recipe which is from Taste of Home magazine…

Blueberry Oat Muffins…

1 1/4 cups flour

1 cup quick cooking oats

1/2 cup sugar

1 tsp. baking powder

1/2 tsp. baking soda

2 egg whites

1/2 cup water

1/3 cup vegetable oil

1 cup fresh or frozen blueberries (do not thaw)

Topping:  Cinnamon Sugar

In bowl, mix first six ingredients.  In another bowl, beat egg whites, oil, and water.  Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.  Fold in blueberries.  Fill muffin cups, sprinkle with cinnamon sugar, and bake @ 400 for 20 minutes.

3 comments:

HI! I'm Tabitha said...

oh man steph I need some of those right now. blue berry muffins are my absolute fav. I prob got one from starbucks everyday when i was prego.
good to see ur putting having power back to good use
hugs
tabitha

Suz said...

Steph,
Those look just wonderful!!! Might have to try them. I loved the jewelry you had on the other day. JCPenney right? Amazing.
Hugs,
Suz

Heather said...

MMMM.....good looking muffins! We have been eating blueberries like crazy around here lately, I am going to have to make some muffins this week after seeing these! My waistline thanks you...not! ;)
OXOX~Heather