Just returned from a sweet summer evening at the County Fair where we rode the Ferris wheel, meet friends, and ate tasty traditional fair food…
(photo source unknown)
I saw two of my fellow Indiana Bella Girls…
Lisa was in line with her adorable daughter anticipating her taco salad purchase from the local sorority’s food stand…
And, after I saw Hope savoring an icy cold lemon shake-up, I had to treat myself to one…
And, what a treat it was…
Just googled the recipe in case you want to treat yourself to one…
LEMON SHAKE-UP
1/2 lemon
1/4 c. sugar
1/2 c. water
1 c. crushed ice
Thoroughly juice the lemon half and cut into quarters. Put both fruit and juice into a 16 ounce disposable glass. Add the sugar, water, and crushed ice. Stir drink by pouring back and forth between two glasses several times. Add very cold water to fill glass, then enjoy.
(recipe from cooks.com)
How cute is this cake that was entered in the fair competition?
The view from the top of the Ferris wheel where it felt as if we were stuck there for an eternity…
I hate heights…
And, I really don’t trust the safety of fair rides…
But, I was a good sport…
After all it is all part of an evening at the county fair…
10 comments:
aaaah....the county fair....gotta love it. Went yesterday for lunch & dinner. Going back today! Spending most of my time in the chicken & duck barn.
XO~Hope
Hello,
I visited your blog today. Your photos are so colorful, unique, and pretty. I see you are a Harry Potter fan. My daughter, Nel, just did a post on "Harry Potter" that I think you might enjoy. Me and my daughters just started a new blog, and we would love it if you could visit us and follow. I would enjoy coming back to visit with you and seeing all your wonderful ideas. Hope to hear from you, and have a sweet day. Your State Fair pictures remind me of the State Fair I went to in Iowa. So much fun!
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley
Whoops...I just noticed that was the County Fair that you went to. Those are so much fun too.
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley
Hi Stephanie, thanks for your comment on my blog.
I see you like swaps. Maybe you 'd like to try paper swap sometimes? Just let me know.
Have a joyful day!
LaWendula
Oh my goodness, you all live that close together that you bump into each other?! How cool!!
Stephanie, I just blogged about my Birdsong tag book. I love the little poem and the way you decorated your tag. If you would like to see how it looks combined with the other tags you can see it here: http://katherineuhrig.blogspot.com/2011/07/my-birdsong-tag-book-arrived.html
Stephanie, How lovely of you to stop by. I am still checking the mail box daily waiting for the 'Birdsong Tags' to arrive.
Love your vintage ferris wheel photo and how you spend your summer days. Keep smiling and creating.
The fair looks to have been a great time.
Thanks for stopping by my bird song post. Thanks for letting me know you recieved one of my bird tags. I am pleased you like it.
Have a great week.
Michele
Being stuck at the top sounds like my worst nightmare, Steph. I am glad YOU could be a good sport! The best part would be seeing the Bella buddies!!! And the fair food, of course!!
Sending hugs,
Suz
Post a Comment