I don’t know about many of you, but since the economy did a bit of a tank I’ve been looking at my spending habits a bit differently…
We’ve been fortunate that other than a few early on major hits, my husband’s business has not suffered any substantial decline in the recent past.
…and I don’t let a day go by anymore that I am not grateful for what we have…
However, with the cost of practically everything rising and my oldest son beginning college and joining a fraternity, I am more aware of ways that I can save money while not having my standard of living drastically affected..
Because I recognize that I am a bit of a pampered princess…
I’ve become an avid reader of several blogs that give great tips on cost-saving websites when considering purchases, especially in regards to groceries…
I am no extreme couponer like on the TLC show, but I have to say that I can get into those coupons. It’s a rush to get a sharpie at Target free…
(original source unknown)
However, I try to keep all things in moderation and don’t spend hours planning my shopping trips or ways to score 100 free Sharpies…
Although I did recently sign up for Vocalpoint—this site I read about on one of those money saving blogs.
And, when they sent me a full-sized sample of Downey’s new UNSTOPABLES I got that couponing/freebie rush…
And when I used this product, the best part was that I, a self-proclaimed hater of liquid fabric softener and those dryer sheets that I always forget to throw into the dryer, actually liked using this. All I had to do was sprinkle it on the top of the load before I closed the washer lid…
pretty cool…
And, I like the smell.
So, now that I’ve confessed my thrill of getting free fabric softener in the mail and subjecting you to a brief commercial for the new Downey product,
if you have time I’d love to hear ways that your household is being frugally hip…
3 comments:
We have cut eating out to only a few times per month. We plan and shop for weekly meal. Then we make all our meals on Sunday for the week. That way we are not tempted to go out for lunch or dinner as all we have to do is go to the refrig and pick out what we want to eat and reheat.
I always forget the fabric softener too. Good tip.
My biggest thing is NOT to run into town every day; it takes 15-20 minutes for me to get to Colorado Springs so I try to plan multiple stops. It's hard in the summer -- because you just want to be spontaneous and seize the day, but I always feel good when I can stretch a tank of gas beyond a week.
Post a Comment