Saturday, July 16, 2011

Saturday Project…

Meg, my 13 year old daughter, wanted a bulletin board for her bedroom.  Initially, I was ready to grab my purse and head to Hobby Lobby to grab a generic cork one…

dgsd 001

However, I remembered these horrific framed pictures that I just had to take home with me several months ago from our local recycling center…

(They have been in the garage annoying my husband to death!)

dgsd 005

And, with a can of black spray paint, six sheets of scrapbook paper, and a little decoupage medium this was the result…

A perfect, unique, and utterly designed by my daughter bulletin board…

10 comments:

NanE said...

What a great idea, it turned out really nice. Thanks for leaving such a nice comment on my blog this morning. Have a great weekend, Nsn

lori vliegen said...

wow......from trash to treasure!! super great idea.....and i'll bet your husband is happy too!! :)))

"Create Beauty" said...

What a great transformation!
~ Violet

Devon Smith-Breidel said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog. Not only did you make use of your frames (husband happy), your daughter has a board no one else has (daughter happy), and you made it with your hands (you're happy). Still don't know how you find the time to be creative with all you are doing!-Devon

Mona Kay Gorman said...

Wow, I love that! Would love to try it with some old frames I have...my daughter could use one too...

Kathy @ Creative Home Expressions said...

Thanks for visiting my blog, Stephanie!

Perfect item to remake into something useful!

EVERYTHING ANASTACIA said...

Isn't this party fun? Inspiring indeed. Great job on repurposing your frame. I bet your daughter is happy!
Thanks for stopping by my space.
Best,
Reina

Pam said...

Stephanie, thank you for stopping by my blog! I love the bulletin board for your daughter. What a great idea - terrific repurposing and so pretty!

fairyrocks said...

I hear you with the dumpster diving...or reclaiming as I like to call it. LOL I recently scored a very old, very in pieces wooden table. {it was in the outside slated for burn pile} It took days, but I finally have it primed.
And all before my DH gets home from his time away at work...he doesn't really get it either.
Thanks for stopping by and your kind comments.
Keep smiling and creating

Laurie said...

Your daughter is learning well!