Monday, August 29, 2011

First Day of Classes…

 

Here in Bloomington, it is the first day of classes for Indiana University students…

indiana-university

Of which, I am now, a parent of one of those students…FIJI move in day August 25, 2011 002

Over the summer he chose to accept a bid from Phi Gamma Delta and moved directly into the fraternity house to begin his freshman year today…

So, I feel a little “double whammy-ed” this afternoon even though I know he made a good choice in affiliating with this highly regarded fraternity and will get a wonderful education at our hometown Big Ten university …

Two big adjustments for my oldest baby boy at the same time though…

For me too…

And, as a good friend who has sent three children off to college, said to me last week…

Once they leave home, no matter how far away, it will never be the same…

So, today I celebrate new beginnings and bittersweet moments…

5 comments:

HI! I'm Tabitha said...

oh steph your son is very handsome and am sure he will be home often since he will miss home .....
hugs

Sheila Rumney said...

Wishing your son all the best on his new adventure. And think if you during this time too!

Hope said...

Our children will storm IU with their awesome ways. They will do beautifully....after all.....we raised them!!!
XO~Hope

Cherie Wilson said...

awww sweet girl! I loved seeing this picture and your words straight from a mama's heart. XO

Laurie said...

Oh you are so brave! Congratulations and hugs, too!