Even though I live in Indiana and "Hoosier Hysteria" is the slogan most often used to describe our state's insane love of basketball (just think of the movie Hoosiers, people. Oh, and how about Bobby Knight?). I have to admit that I am not much of a basketball fan. SHH.....Don't tell anyone, okay? Why I say this is tonight is a milestone for our town. Our high school basketball team, ranked #3 in the country, is playing for the state title this evening. This is the first time our high school, which is typically known for competitive sports teams, has made it to the Indiana high school state basketball championship game. It's a big deal. The team is compiled of some very amazing young men who have quite a talent for this sport. One in particular I am especially cheering for is a 16 year old who has simply dedicated himself to his love of basketball since a very young age. Just one of those kids that loves the sport and hours of practicing is a blast not a chore. I applaud his determination and focus. Good Luck, Panthers....
Update: It's 1:00 a.m. and we just returned from the game. A fun evening with a great ending---We won the game!!!
1 comment:
Way to go BHSS! I love basketball and am so sad it is over!!
XO~Hope
Post a Comment