Thursday, March 26, 2009

Take Time to Smell the Flowers...Especially the Pansies

I really have not been a huge fan of Spring. Just not my favorite season, but this year I am feeling differently. Wondering if it is because I am getting older and more appreciative of the small beauties of life? I always thought it was a huge waste of my resources, both financial and time, to plant pansies. After all, I'll do my big container planting in just 5 weeks. However, this year I feel differently and will be found on the driveway, covered in potting soil, planting pansies this weekend. In my salute to pansies I found this beautiful photo from Country Living magazine. This ribbon woven tablecloth was inspired by pansies. Again, another great photo that accompanied an article in Country Living magazine. How can any photo that includes gingham and polka dots not be fabulous though?

1 comment:

Jen - Balancing Beauty and Bedlam said...

Ok Stephanie - do you mind if I chuckled out loud about the 80 year old grandma wearing the same suit. At least take that as a compliment. She must have had amazing style. :)