Thursday, September 9, 2010

Garage Sale, Parade, and Birthdays…

This past weekend, the kids and I took our annual trip to my hometown for the Labor Day weekend.

september 9, 2010 001 A tradition is always doughnuts from the local hole-in-the-wall Pioneer bakery…

september 9, 2010 002 We all did some end of the summer final closet cleaning and threw together a garage sale on Saturday morning…While shoppers perused our offerings, my sister and I got down and dirty in mom’s garage cleaning and organizing. 

september 9, 2010 005 The Labor Day parade is a hoot.  Not glitzy, but sweet small town fun…

Lots of flatbed trucks with people sitting on them, but there was this one great float!september 9, 2010 009 And, a couple of local high school bands including my alma mater, the Boonville High School Marching Band…

september 9, 2010 013 Loads of candy is thrown to the kids…

Jed saw some kids do this at the parade a number of years ago, and he could not wait to try it…

It was a huge hit as the people loved to try to get their candy to go into the umbrella…People were cracking up…

september 9, 2010 016 And the trip concluded with celebrating the birthday girls…

Aunt Ima---Turning 81

My sister Amy---41

My mom---70

And…

Meg who is now 13!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I love Main Street parades! We used to live in a neighborhood that had a $th of July parade and my kids loved decorating their bikes and wagons so they could be in it. Such fun! It is great you get to go home every year and enjoy yours. That's a wonderful tradition.:)

Suz said...

That looks like my neighborhood parade. I love it. Even though I live in a city, the holiday parades and very funny and small town. Like the men's synshconized Lawn Mower group and the Dixieland bad on the pick up. I hvae to borrow your words...it is a hoot!

How are Meg's gymnastic's coming, Steph? Did she work at it all summer?

So this is where you grew up, right?

So soon to Silver Bella! I am very busy making sachets. It's been lots of fun. What are you up to craft/art wise?

Suz

Hope said...

Wow....what a fun whirlwind weekend! I love hearing about your small town fun! So productive too!

Lisa B said...

Stephanie...loved your post. I wish you and your family had stopped by when you were home. We have a brunch & parade party every Labor Day and December for the Christmas Parade!