Yesterday, was a day of slower pace…
Jed, my youngest son, is suffering from some allergy/cold thing and felt too cruddy to go to school. Fortunately for me, as I had a date to walk the new “Goat Farm” walking trail and have an important meeting with my hair colorist, my sweet husband volunteered to take the morning shift with our little 4th grade invalid.
(It’s amazing what a “Golf” husband will do at the end of the season to try to appease his wife who has endured many evenings at home the past 4 months with the children and dogs while he has been at the course…No, no I am not having any ill feelings towards his hobby…)
He’s totally in my good graces when I return home more heart healthy and less gray…
I whipped Jed and I up our favorite wraps for lunch and we settled in to have a lazy afternoon…
I did manage to do some blog visiting and made a new friend…
Karen whose blog, Some Days are Diamonds, is wonderful. I joined her fabulous Bloggerette Sorority and her Fall Findings Swap. After we emailed each other a couple of times throughout the afternoon, we discovered that we have a mutual friend in common….
A woman who is a friend to many…
Jodie!!!
I know I am such a geek, but I love my blogging friends…
So, if you have time this afternoon, you should go to one of your favorite blogs and look on their sidebar for blogs that they love. Then go visit someone’s blog that you’ve never been to before, and make a new friend…
And, if you have never met Karen or Jodie why don’t you start there…
It’s a good day in the neighborhood….
5 comments:
Steph,
That makes me a blogging geek, too! I have a golf husband and I am not a golf wife so I totally understand. I am happy he is getting some exercise and out with his buddies...and, of course, I have no kids to care for...but, still...sometimes it is hard!
Did you get a comment from my re your last e-mail. I have all of a sudden discovered i am on all these readers with all my favorites and I triedd answering several, yours included. When I started getting letters from "kathryn" with your note coming to me, I wondered! I am a blog geek...I am not a computer geek!!!
xo,
Suz
Hi. My name is Robin. I am a blogging geek.
That is always the best way to meet new bloggers.
Love stopping by your little cul de sac called crowns and pearls:)
Blessed to call you friend, but do miss seeing you!! Let's play soon! XO
What a cute post....yes, I make the best friends that way. I better go meet Robin Thomas...don't know her...but all your other commentors I do.
XO~Hope
Post a Comment