Friday, February 3, 2012

I Am Not a Cool, Fun Mom According to My Kids Right Now…

Well, how was I to know, but apparently having the Super Bowl take place one hour from your home is a really big deal.

4ea9b7af197fb_image

Terms like the NFL Experience and Super Bowl Village were not even in my vocabulary until one week ago.

Celebrity sightings are passed around like a bad game of telephone…

If I believe what is all over my local Facebook friends’ pages, then Bradley Cooper has done nothing but party at one really nasty college bar in Bloomington, Indiana since Wednesday night.

But, as a mother of a 14 year old girl, I am just destroying her by not driving her up to Indianapolis  to take part in this craziness…

As if there is even one parking spot within four miles of downtown Indy to be had at this point…

The expensive tickets to the events, the 6 hour long wait for the Zip line, and the chest-to-chest crowds meandering along the closed streets would just put me over the top…

And, the recent announcement this afternoon that her IU Freshman brother is on his way up there did nothing to help my “loser mom” status.

Well, how was I to know that having the Super Bowl one hour away was such a big deal?

3 comments:

curlyqmosaics said...

OMG! I totally will have to side with "mama" on this one. No way would I have attempted to go anywhere near that stadium either. Talk about madness!

Thanks for stopping by my blog too! It is so great to hear from you! :)

Have a fabulous weekend!

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear you are not a cool mom right now ;)
I have been one of those a time or two as well....
Thanks for stopping by my bird and pink blog post and leaving such nice comments.
Have a great weekend.
Michele

Red Rose Alley said...

Take it from a mom with a 30 year old. Don't worry about being a cool mom. To me, listening to what your heart says and letting it guide you is always cool. Love ya sweetie,
~Sheri at Red Rose Alley