I'm excited to be a part of Scrappy Jessi's 3rd Annual Cookie Exchange which is actually tomorrow, but I'm going to be gone all day so I'm starting the celebration a day early here...I'm really not much of a baker, but thought it would be fun to participate.
As I said, I'm no Martha Stewart in the kitchen. I like to stimulate the economy by purchasing my cookies. It's the least a good American can do in these trying times, right? Okay, okay...it's lazyness!
As I said, I'm no Martha Stewart in the kitchen. I like to stimulate the economy by purchasing my cookies. It's the least a good American can do in these trying times, right? Okay, okay...it's lazyness! ANYWAY, I feel as if I have been riding my almost 17 year old son pretty hard lately. Not sure why, but I had a realization last evening that the majority of the comments I seem to make to him lately are critical. It's hard to walk the fine line with male adolescents who seem to have no understanding of the importance of brushing one's teeth everyday, using the expensive washes and creams that the dermatologist prescribes, putting the retaininer that the orthodontist made after your braces were off in your mouth every night, and should I even go on?
Okay, now to the cookie part of this post---SO...I decided to treat him to a little something special after school and picked up chocolate covered mini oreos at the candy store today. Even put them in a little vintage dish and thought I'd include a little note telling him how much I love him...
So, in closing I guess this post is actually focusing more on "motherhood angst" with a dash of cookie exchange...Happy Baking (or purchasing at your local bakery) to all of you!
P.S. He loved the cookies...I think he devoured them in under 5 minutes and he shared with no one!!
14 comments:
i'm sure that your son will LOVE these oreos.....and then go and brush his teeth right away (before putting in his retainer, of course!).....hee hee
p.s. my son is now 23.....he didn't like to brush his teeth either when he was 17. i think it's a guy thing!
:))
i'm sure that your son will love these oreos.....and then go and brush his teeth right away after eating them (before he puts in his retainer, of course!) hee hee
p.s. my son is now 23.....he didn't like to brush his teeth when he was 17 either. i think it's a guy thing!
:))
Hi Stephanie!
How nice that is for your son - I'm sure he'll love the surprise. Your advent matchbox is adorable - what fun memories in December! I'm so glad to have met you at Silver Bella, too!
Hugs,
Sharon :-)
hey sweets,
boys will be boys right?
ok teens will be teens.
i love oreos, and im sure they are just as fabululous as homemade. allot easier!! tee hee.
have a fun time hopping around cookieland.
oxzox,
jessi
Hey chickadee! I bet he loved them and the note! what a sweet way of telling him you love him! big hugs
toodles-
sarah
Love how you put the cookies with the cute Santa - and a special note for your son - I am sure he loved this special gift!
Well, I'd eat those in a snap! YUM!! I have teen boys too...they are hillarious! HUGS!
What an interesting cookie swap. Glad you treated your son to some goodies. It's really easy to melt chocolate and dip oreos-I had melted chocolate for something I was making, had some left and dipped little pretzels.
I still make my 23 yr old son his favorite 7 layer cookies. You basically dump seven layers in a square pan and pop it in the oven, cool and cut.
Easy and homemade.
Thanks for stopping by my blog too.
Sounds good to me!!
Happy Day when cookies are around!!
Christmas blessings to you:)
kayellen
oh those boys...hang in there....mine are 19 and 21 now and things change quickly!!!
cute cookie photo!!
thanks for sharing!
meleen
I am a little nervous to have teenagers some day!!!! I just wanted to stop in and tell you how much I loved meeting you at SB and the time I had with you. You are so sweet and talented. Have a great week.
I too stimulate the economy and buy pre-made cookies! Much easier!
I will soon have a teenage son, but until now my teenage daughter is breaking me in the the same thing your son is doing... brushing teeth, face wash etc!
Teens will be teens!
Have a great one!
My 30yr old son is never too old for a special batch of holiday dipped Oreos straight from the grocery store. He loves them too.
You are so cute! I have been known to pass up homemade cookies for those chocolate covered oreos. SO good!!!
Post a Comment