Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Matchbox Advent Calendar...

One of the swaps you may remember that I participated in at Silver Bella was a mini matchbox advent calendar one. I was assigned December 1. It's fun to think that today 25 women across the country are pulling out the mini matchbox that I created. I went pretty simple on the inside..Just painted it, adhered The Legend of the Candy Cane, and included a pipecleaner candy cane...I love the basic touches that, well, remind me of the Christmas stories in Laura Ingalls Wilder's Little House on the Prairie series. Do I think they had pipecleaners back then? Not sure, but I like to think so....

3 comments:

Jodie (everything vintage) said...

Oh Stephanie, I regret so much that I didn't join this swap! I love blog hopping to read what everyone thought as they opened up your little box to find the candy cane! Too cute!
I wrote on Hope's blog this morning that I am lonesome for my Indiana girls...all of them! sniff sniff.
I just love ya'll!!!!
everything vintage

Pamela Jane said...

It's been fun opening each day's advent matchbox from our SB swap, starting with your sweet charmer. My grandson does the honors when he's here. :)

Robin said...

oh I just LOVED this one! I got to watch Amy Powers open hers and I was BLOWN away! I so WISH I could have done some swaps...they were amazing!